by lkta

IMEI CODE

Hello, 

I've been trying for severals weeks/months to unlock my Iphone 7 with EE. 

I filled to the unlock request form and do meet every requirements.

However, few days after I received this text from EE : "Hi from EE. We are unable to complete your unlocking request as the IMEI you provided does not match the IMEI paired to your account. Please check your handset's IMEI number in the settings menu of your phone and if different please submist your new request via https://eplore.ee.co.uk/unlock/ Thank you, EE." 

I have so many questions : 

1. I have NEVER provided any IMEI as I didn't even know what it meant before receivign this text. I just filled the form & nowhere it was written to provide an IMEI 

2. I wanted to check my IMEI in "manage my device" or to correct it but whenever I click on this, a page of error appears. "Sorry we are unable to show these details right now. Please try again later"

What am I supposed to do now?? 

It is really important as I left the UK 3 months ago and haven't been able to use my phone since then... 

4 REPLIES 4
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: IMEI CODE

I don' know if it works on iPhones but dial *#06# this brings up the IMEI on androids.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

This EE guide explains how to unlock your phone

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lkta.  Did you get this device from EE yourself?     You get that message when the device is not part of a contract that you got from EE.  ( I get the same message and my device was not part of my contract from EE ?  

To unlock the device you will need to call customer services to request this and it will cost you £8.99. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lkta

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

On the unlocking form, it asks you for the mobile number to locate the device. If it is not the phone shown that you would like to unlock, it will ask for the IMEI number.

Please check out the unlocking support article that @Northerner referred to. This explains the whole unlocking process.

As suggested by @BrendonH, typing *#06# into the phone keypad should display the IMEI.

Please try the form again, ensuring that the correct device is showing on the unlock request.

Thanks

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.