by jmckeown1888 Investigator
Investigator

I would like to unlock a iphone5 that was provided by EE

I would like to unlock my iphone5

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I would like to unlock a iphone5 that was provided by EE

Was it provided to you yourself or is it 2nd-hand? The processes are different. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jmckeown1888  Have a read of THIS it explains it all from PAYG to contracts to 2nd hand devices. 

Investigator

I’ve tried phoning several times always gets to a dead end and EE terminates the call??? I don’t have a live EE mobile phone number.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jmckeown1888  Did you get your his device yourself from EE and do you remember the phone number that came with it ? 

Investigator

Yes, and I’m not sure about the number, I think my wife or one of my kids was the initial user.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jmckeown1888   If you can not remember the number or even the account number you will need to call customer services to get this unlocked and because you can not remember the number you will be charged £8.99 to have it unlocked as the device can not be linked to an account.  

Investigator

As I mentioned earlier, I have tried calling, but the menu choices ultimately require a mobile number otherwise it terminates the call.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @jmckeown1888 it does not matter what number you input at first the agent can search for the details when the call is connected. you can also call 0800 956 6000 using options 2, 4 for a direct transfer. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You may be able to get it unlocked using its IMEI. Dial *#06# to get its IMEI.

Then try using this Unlocking your device form. It might ask for the IMEI if you don't know the mobile number that it used to have.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX  You need the phone number that came with the device or anyone could use this to unlock a device even if it was as 2nd hand. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B: I'm going by a recent poster saying the form asked for the IMEI when he gave the wrong no.

The reason you propose will hold just as well if the 2nd hand buyer did know or have the original mobile no.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jmckeown1888

I see you have been offered some help from @XRaySpeX@Chris_B and @Profile closed

Reading through the posts, I too recommend calling the customer services team, they'll do their best to help you get the phone unlocked.

You can find all of our contact details on the get in touch page.

I hope you get this sorted.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.