by Bianchi9 Investigator
Investigator

I want to unlock an iPhone 5s which is supposedly locked to EE.

My daughter has an I phone 5s which is out of contract, fully paid up. Supplied by Carphone Warehouse who say it is on EE network. She is no longer with EE and wishes to give me the phone. On trying to get EE to unlock it they do not recognise the IMEI No

can anyone advise next step please. It is not with O2 or Vodaphone

It does not recognise my EE payg sim

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I want to unlock an iPhone 5s which is supposedly locked to EE.

@XRaySpeX   It’s 2nd hand phones that can not use the online request form.   Providing the correct details are entered then @Bianchi9  can use the form and the bill will be passed on to @Bianchi9 daughters account as it wasn’t from EE. 

6 REPLIES 6
by Bianchi9 Investigator
Investigator

I want to unlock an iPhone 5s which is supposedly locked to EE.

My daughter has an I phone 5s which is out of contract, fully paid up. Supplied by Carphone Warehouse who say it is on EE network. She is no longer with EE and wishes to give me the phone. On trying to get EE to unlock it they do not recognise the IMEI No

can anyone advise next step please. It is not with O2 or Vodaphone

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bianchi9  call customer services and request this so you can verbally give the IMEI number.

if your using the online unlock request from make sure that there is no spaces between the numbers when you enter the IMEI number. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You cannot use the online unlocking form for phones nor bought direct from EE.

To unlock a phone nor bought direct from EE you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@XRaySpeX   It’s 2nd hand phones that can not use the online request form.   Providing the correct details are entered then @Bianchi9  can use the form and the bill will be passed on to @Bianchi9 daughters account as it wasn’t from EE. 

by Bianchi9 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks to all who replied

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.