by Johnhenderson25 Investigator
Investigator

I want my phone unlocked but got a text saying it's not registered proprely I

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I want my phone unlocked but got a text saying it's not registered proprely

Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Johnhenderson25 

Please read EE unlocking guide

EE won't unlock any device which is less than 6 months into a new or upgraded contract. Contractually this phone still belongs to EE not the seller for the first 6 months.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Johnhenderson25  How did you request this ?  If the device is 2nd hand you’ll need to call customer services to do this and pay £8.99.  You can not use the online form if the device is 2nd hand and the message you got back is implying this as the device can not be registered to your account. 

Investigator

I know it's old and pay as you go .I mean they said it's not registered it is

Investigator

Investigator

I know it's old and pay as you go .I mean they said it's not registered
proprely so can't give me a puk. But it is registered correct or I would
not be able to log in .so I don't get what there saying I'm a disabled man
and stuck in a flat with no other phone or not a lot of money to buy a new
one and need unlocked for all my details etc
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Johnhenderson25   Being able to login has nothing to do with the device being registered correctly to your account.   I highly recommend you call customer services and speak with them about unlocking your device.  

The error message your getting is when a device that is 2nd hand.  The only way a device can get registered correctly on an account is when your purchase a brand new unused device and set it up with your account.  When a device is 2nd hand it has already been registered with an EE account so it can not be registered correctly to your account hence the error message your getting.    You have to call to request the unlock and pay the unlocked fee of £8.99

just to add a PUK code is to unlock your sim when you've entered the sim unlock code wrong 3 times.   A PAC code is to move your number to a different network.  And EE will not refuse you a PAC code to change networks even if your device is not unlocked. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Johnhenderson25 wrote:
they said it's not registered proprely

They're not talking about it being registered to your MyEE a/c but of it being registered when it was 1st bought by its original owner.

So the important Q you need to answer is did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand?

BTW: You're not requesting a PUK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Johnhenderson25

Welcome to the community.

Have you managed to get sorted?

I see the difference between unlocking the phone for use with another network and requesting a PUK code has been pointed out.

Which are you looking to do?

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.