by DavSprason Investigator
Investigator

I’ve waited over 72 hours for phone unlock code. Wits no explanation of delay.

1. My phone was out of contract last month. I have requested a unlock code and had no response. It has now been 4 days. I have had no response of what is causing the delay. 
7 REPLIES 7
Investigator

Re: I’ve waited over 72 hours for phone unlock code. Wits no explanation of dela

It states 72 hours, if it’s any longer due to having to contact company. I will be notified by text. No text has been received giving me an update.

Davina
Sent from my iPhone

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I’ve waited over 72 hours for phone unlock code. Wits no explanation of dela

It can take up to 10 days while EE contacts the manufacturer, as it would have warned you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @DavSprason

Thanks for coming to the community.

Any unlocking request can take up to 10 days.

What phone have you requested to be unlocked?

Thanks, Leanne.

Investigator

Iphone6s

Davina
Sent from my iPhone

by

Thanks @DavSprason

Was this a pay monthly, pay as you go or a second hand phone?

Have you tried another network SIM card in the phone?

Leanne.

Investigator

No, it was my phone that I had on contract over 24 months, with EE . Contract ended July. I’ve upgraded and want to sell my old phone. I will get more money for it being unlocked.

Davina
Sent from my iPhone

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as full name on the public board. Thanks!]

by

Thanks @DavSprason.

From 01 August 2017 any Apple device which was purchased directly from EE on or after 1 September 2015 will be unlocked automatically once the device reaches 18 months old.

This means you may not need to request your device to be unlocked if you purchased the Apple device on or after 1 September 2015.

You can now check the lock status of your EE device here

Can you try another network SIM in the phone and see if this works for you?

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.