by Aw124 Investigator
Investigator

I've had confirmation my device has been unlocked but it still remains locked!

I'm currently awaiting my iPhone device to be unlocked. I have already recieved the confirmation message and followed the processes if the phone still doesn't work, such as carrying out a factory restore. It is an Apple I Phone 6s device which is currently displaying 'Sim not supported' 

13 REPLIES 13
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: I've had confirmation my device has been unlocked but it still remains locke

1. Hi, 

Please click on this How to unlock your iPhone -link

And follow the process. 

I hope it will help you get it go. 

Many Thanks 

by Aw124 Investigator
Investigator

Re: I've had confirmation my device has been unlocked but it still remains locke

Thanks Tahirmian. 

I've given these steps a go quite a few times and sadly, have not managed to solve the problem but thanks !

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, 

Sorry I couldn't help you with this issue I am going to tage @Richard_C @Lee_H

some ee staff they can help you in this regard.

Please can you look at this issue for @Aw124.

Many Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Aw124. What network SIM card are you trying to use ? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Aw124,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That's a really helpful question from @Chris_B, the new SIM will need to be from a network that supports the iPhone.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@James_B  @Aw124  If it's a 3 SIM card these are known to have issues when using them to perform the unlock on the device and is not recommended to use these,  but once unlocked you can use the 3 SIM card with no issues. It's best to use a O2 or Vodaphone sim when doing this. 

by Aw124 Investigator
Investigator

A vodafone SIM 

by Aw124 Investigator
Investigator

I've checked with Vodafone and they have said it is because the phone is still locked by EE

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Aw124  And is that Vodaphone SIM card activated ?  It needs to be a sim that is already working. 

by Aw124 Investigator
Investigator

Yes it has been in another phone for 2 years previous to this 🙂

by

Hi @Aw124,

I've sent you a private message.

Thanks Smiley Happy

James

by Aw124 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks James !

by

No problem @Aw124 Smiley Happy

- James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.