by Marcuscaravan
Explorer

I've been sold a Blacklisted Iphone 8, How do I unlock?

I've recently purchased an Iphone 8 from Ebay. It worked fine for a few days and then I lost the ability to send and recieve calls. I checked online and my IMEI number has been blacklisted. How do I go about unblocking my phone? I've contacted the seller on Ebay but he hasnt reseponded for three days. 

I saw a post on Reddit that suggested buying something called an R-Sim that may (or may not) unblock my sim. Can someone help please?

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I've been sold a Blacklisted Iphone 8, How do I unlock?

@Marcuscaravan  You’ll not get the blacklist removed and you’ll not get the device unlocked the device has been reported lost/stolen. You need to report this to eBay.  A R/Sim will not help as the device is network blocked (all networks) so will never receive a working signal until the blacklist is removed. The blacklist will not be removed for you as only the original owner can have that removed.   You could even report this to the police as the seller has sold you a device that wasn’t theirs or they was going to report it lost so committed fraud. 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Marcuscaravan  You’ll not get the blacklist removed and you’ll not get the device unlocked the device has been reported lost/stolen. You need to report this to eBay.  A R/Sim will not help as the device is network blocked (all networks) so will never receive a working signal until the blacklist is removed. The blacklist will not be removed for you as only the original owner can have that removed.   You could even report this to the police as the seller has sold you a device that wasn’t theirs or they was going to report it lost so committed fraud. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Marcuscaravan: You can't while it's blacklisted & EE will only remove the blacklist for the original owner. You've been sold a brick.

Your remedy now is with eBay's Buyer Protection & to launch a request with eBay as the buyer hasn't responded.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Marcuscaravan
Explorer

Is there no way to remove the blacklist if I can get in touch with the seller? and What about this R-sim Device I've heard about?

Thanks.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Only the original owner can have the blacklist lifted by EE. How do you know the seller is the the original owner? Anyway he's already defrauded you. Can you now trust him? No, the only way is eBay.

Never heard of it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.