by eddywhite
Explorer

I transferred my number with a PAC code and now have no signal

Hello!

I transferred my number from O2 to my new EE contract. It said it would complete on Tuesday (18th) but despite me restarting devices constantly, nothing happened until this morning.

This morning I received a text (dated from Tuesday) saying the port had been completed - but now my iPhone 6S receives no signal and won't connect.

I have tried the following:

1. Changing the 'Phone'->'My number' settings to the new number

2. Restarting phone repeatedly, over a number of hours (been 6 hrs so far)

3. Refreshing carrier list (none available apparently)

When I look into Settings->About->Network, it says 'SIM card not provisioned'.

But this sim card was working right up until yesterday on an EE number, and I haven't touched the SIM so it can't have malfunctioned. 

Has the port been screwed up or reversed, or something? I know for a fact that I completed the form correctly, so the only thing I can imagine is an error on EE's side.

please let me know if there is any easy fix, or if I need to do anything in order to connect to the network.

Thanks

Ed

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by eddywhite
Explorer
Solution

Re: I transferred my number with a PAC code and now have no signal

Hello Lee, thanks for replying.

I actually just spoke to someone online using the webchat service - apparently there was a problem EE-side that the profile hadn't been switched over properly, so it was referred upwards and resolved 🙂

I'm now connecting fine. So anyone reading this in the future - if nothing mentioned works, contact customer service, it's probably network-side.

Thanks!

Ed

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @eddywhite what happens when you tap settings>network selection and turn automatic off? Can you select EE and gain signal that way? You can perform a network reset by tapping settings>general>reset>reset network settings (you will have to re-enter WiFi passwords after). To confirm if you have a line or device fault try the SIM card in another phone. 🙂

by eddywhite
Explorer

I already tried that and no carrier appears when I turn off automatic carrier.

Performed network reset, didn't solve the issue.

I don't currently have another phone to try the SIM card in, but I haven't removed the SIM and the phone (& SIM) were both working yesterday, and no settings or damage has occurred to either.

Basically it has to be a line fault, but I can't call EE to resolve this as I don't have another phone to use. One other thing I thought -does the phone need to be unlocked in order to work with a different number? It is locked to EE, so that shouldn't be a problem, but is it also locked to my old number?

Thanks

Ed

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @eddywhite no the device does not need to be unlocked to work with a ported number it should accept any EE SIM card. You can call them from another phone on 07953 966 250 or if you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also access Live Chat. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/m-p/527811

by
EE Employee

Hi @eddywhite and welcome to the Community.

Just a quick one before you speak to our chat teams, do you still have signal on your o2 device?

Many thanks,

Lee

by eddywhite
Explorer
Solution

Hello Lee, thanks for replying.

I actually just spoke to someone online using the webchat service - apparently there was a problem EE-side that the profile hadn't been switched over properly, so it was referred upwards and resolved 🙂

I'm now connecting fine. So anyone reading this in the future - if nothing mentioned works, contact customer service, it's probably network-side.

Thanks!

Ed

by
EE Employee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.