by Ninja1980
Explorer

I purchased a Samsung galaxy j3 2016 from EE shop now abroad. phone not unlocked

I purchase my Samsung galaxy j3 2016 from an EE shop. I asked them to unlock the phone so I can use it with another Sim card abroad. I was sat with them when they called the EE person to unlock the phone. They confirmed  in front of me that it was unlocked. Now I am abroad and place a Sim card in the phone it didnt work then locked both Sims and the phone. Still had no reply from EE with a solution and have also processed the unlocking phone online with no code sent. I am not impressed with the service as I cannot afford to be holding on to EE on the phone. I tried that and 30mins had passed with noone speaking. Please could someone from EE urgently assist? I had to join the forum as a last resort due to no solutions. 

4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: I purchased a Samsung galaxy j3 2016 from EE shop now abroad. phone not unlo

Hello @Ninja1980 you can request the unlocking of an EE device you purchased yourself by using the online form:

http://ee.co.uk/help/getting-started/joining-ee/unlocking-your-device

There is no access to systems or accounts to check up on the progress of a request I am sorry. If you have already done this and not heard anything back then customer service on +447953 966 250 from another phone can help further. If it is an EE personal pay monthly account you can also access Live Chat:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I purchased a Samsung galaxy j3 2016 from EE shop now abroad. phone not unlo

Hi @Ninja1980,

Welcome to the EE Community.

When did you request the unlock?

It can take up to 10 days.

Thanks

James​​​​​​​

by Ninja1980
Explorer

Hi James I requested this more than 10days ago. My phone is a pay as you go which was set was with EE Sia. I also cannot access my EE Sim card which got locked when I tried the new Sim card abroad. 

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ninja1980,

I've sent you a private message.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.