by Zina Investigator
Investigator

I need to unlock my old IPhone from abroad but I’m no longer a customer of EE

I moved to NZ and unlocked my current phone from EE before I left however I now want to use my old iPhone which is also locked to the EE Network, how to I do it when I’m no longer a EE customer?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I need to unlock my old IPhone from abroad but I’m no longer a customer of E

@Zina   Please read THIS everything you need to know is explained here.     If you can not remote number you used with this device you’ll need to call EE customer services and pay the £8.99 unlocking fee.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I need to unlock my old IPhone from abroad but I’m no longer a customer of E

Hi @Zina,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Did @Chris_B's great answer give you all the information you needed?

Thanks

James

by Zina Investigator
Investigator

I can’t call the UK from my NZ number. Isn’t there an email that I can contact them through?

by

Hi @Zina,

Have you checked to see if the iPhone is unlocked?

From 01 August 2017 any Apple device which was purchased directly from EE on or after 1 September 2015 will be unlocked automatically once the device reaches 18 months old.

Thanks

James

by Zina Investigator
Investigator

Hi, yes I have checked and it is locked still. That would be awesome if it happened automatically. It’s definitely older than 2015. 

by

Morning @Zina

Thanks for coming back to us.

Where did you originally purchase the iPhone?

Was this direct from EE or a third party?

Thanks, Leanne.

by Zina Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I bought it directly through EE at the beginning of 2014

by

Thanks @Zina

Have you tried another network SIM in the phone?

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.