by Paulgriff27
Explorer

I haven't received my unlock info and now my PAC code has expired.

I cancelled my contract 10th March and requested a PAC code which was not sent, I called a week later to chase and was advised no action had been taken. PAC code then issued, I requested a handset unlock and this was promised with 10 days. This was not received and I had a further text saying it would take another 10 days. My PAC code has now expired and my handset is still locked.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: I haven't received my unlock info and now my PAC code has expired.

@Paulgriff27, If you want to keep your number and move to another provider, you need the PAC code and use it within 30 days, and to unlock your phone you will have to request it, you do have to contact customer service, as the forum have no access to your account and cannot help you with this, but give advice, which you have now received.

4 REPLIES 4
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You can ring up and request another PAC code 

Also chase the unlocking.

What device is it for?

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Paulgriff27  Why did you wait for the PAC code to expire?  This has nothing to do with the device unlocking and this was your decision not to use it and transfer your number to another network.   As you have now not used the PAC code you will now be billed until you do move your number out as EE now see it as you've  and decided not to leave and now you'll need to give notice again.  

Providing you meet EE's unlock guidelines for the device unlocking as you've already waited 10 days don't except another 10 days as an excuse on why it's not been done.   

by Paulgriff27
Explorer

Thanks, It's an S6, I'm just getting tired of call ee and getting fobbed off with false promises. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

@Paulgriff27, If you want to keep your number and move to another provider, you need the PAC code and use it within 30 days, and to unlock your phone you will have to request it, you do have to contact customer service, as the forum have no access to your account and cannot help you with this, but give advice, which you have now received.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions