by mambrown1973

I have a locked windows phone with a damaged screen. How do I retrieve my photos

My son has a Microsoft windows phone.  The screen is damaged and is non responsive.  The phone has a pin number but we cant unlock it due to the damage.  Is there a way of retrieving his photo's, music etc?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have a locked windows phone with a damaged screen. How do I retrieve my ph

You could try connecting it to a PC by USB & see if it brings up an Explorer window of the phone's filestore, w/out needing the screen. Photos are often held in the DCIM folder.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: I have a locked windows phone with a damaged screen. How do I retrieve my ph

Hi, 

@mambrown1973

I am afraid if that phone have screen lock then it hard to get your picture or music back. 

But as @XRaySpeX

Suggest it worth to try. 

Did you have any backup account or SD card in your phone? 

Many Thanks 

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @mambrown1973

Did you manage to retrieve any photos off the phone using the advice given by @XRaySpeX?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy​​​​​​​

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.