by ChrisMax
Explorer

I followed the instructions to unlock my phone but it still shows EE on display

I requested to unlock my phone and followed the instructions given - but it still shows EE on the handset - any help appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I followed the instructions to unlock my phone but it still shows EE on disp

@ChrisMax  When did you request this ?  Have you put a different network SIM card in the device?  It will show EE if a EE SIM card is in the device. 

by ChrisMax
Explorer

Re: I followed the instructions to unlock my phone but it still shows EE on disp

I requested a couple of weeks back but they said I could do it anytime. I am awaiting a new sim from diff company and will put that in when arrives and give them my PAC number to keep my old number. How can I tell if its unlocked before then? Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ChrisMax  Put a different me SIM card in the device,  

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

What device is it?

If you turn it on and it says EE it always will as if it is Android it'll have EE firmware on it.

If it says EE on top whilst it has an EE SIM then yes that is correct as you are using the EE network still.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ChrisMax

Thank you for choosing community 🙂

I hope the information given to you by @Chris_B and BrendonH answers all your questions.

Anything further needed, then please let us know.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions