by CSPenny Investigator
Investigator

I can't remember my tablet pattern.

I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab A when I bought my phone. I've only used it once to set it up and now can't remember my login pattern. There's no 'forgot pattern' option. All info online says the tab has to be off before I can hard reset but I can't turn it off without the pattern!!

Can anyone help please?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
by Bosanko883 Investigator
Investigator

Re: I can't remember my tablet pattern.

Hi there try holding down the volume down button and the power button at the same time 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CSPenny.

Welcome to the community.

That's a great suggestion from @Bosanko883!

Let us know if this helps you to access the tablet.

Jon

by Bosanko883 Investigator
Investigator

@Jon_K you usually can turn them off that way and then power them back on going into the bios and factory reset the device right?

by
EE Community Support Team

I believe so @Bosanko883.

If that's not possible, the only option after that would be to contact Samsung directly as EE won't have the ability to reset the pattern.

Jon

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@CSPenny, to turn off from on just hold down the power on button for five seconds or more.

As a last resort let the battery run down to zero then charge.

But firstly try drawing some random patterns on paper. It might come back to you. Was it a backwards Z, a backwards N? A sideways R?

by CSPenny Investigator
Investigator

Hi thanks for your reply but I tried that earlier and it just started straight back up in safe mode. 

Maybe if I wait for the battery to drain (though it is full) I could try a rest then?

by CSPenny Investigator
Investigator

I also tried that RBK it ask if I want to shut down and then ask for the pattern to do so!

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@CSPenny, hmmm, you may have to contact the manufacturer about it. You've probably already done a global search.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@CSPenny, I just did a Google search for "reset locked galaxy tab a" and the first link that came up was a video to unlock the galaxy tab s2 bypassing the locked screen. I think that might work for you galaxy tab a. I can't find the link because it opens a YouTube video in my app and the address is abbreviated with three dots at the end... It's called, "hard reset Samsung galaxy tab s2 8.0". Actually, here's the link. It shows it pictorially and further down in video. I reckon it is well worth trying:

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-t715-galaxy-tab-s2-80-lte/hardreset/first-method/

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.