Highlighted
by M16N5

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 and its locked to EE network

I Recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 from the UK (Second hand) when i receved it i noticed it had my EE app on it, i changed the sim over anyway and it asked me for a pin code to unlock the network.

I have tried calling the EE support phone but it asks me for a phone number so that gerts me nowhere, i have read that there is a 9pound fee to get the code and im willing to pay it but i cant seem to get in contact with EE to get the ball rolling.

Im NOT in the UK and have not got a UK number.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: I bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 and its locked to EE network

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0) - Samsung Galaxy Watch (Tizen 4.0)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
2 REPLIES 2
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Input any number when calling customer care, eventually you will be able to bypass that step. Have your IMEI and card details ready.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0) - Samsung Galaxy Watch (Tizen 4.0)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.