by rachey60 Investigator
Investigator

How to unlock phone?

I am trying to unlock my phone but when I log in to my account it says my account has been closed

18 REPLIES 18
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How to unlock phone?

Did you buy this phone yourself new direct fom EE? If you did, did you cancel your contract on it from EE?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by rachey60 Investigator
Investigator

I had it on contract then recently changed to pay as you go as I am travelling abroad at the moment.

When I log into my EE account it says it has been closed?

Can you advise how u can unlock the phone to use a sim car abroad?

When I return from abroad I will be going on a new pay monthly contract
by Grand Master
Grand Master

The closed a/c is for your old contract. You need to register a new a/c for PAYG.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by rachey60 Investigator
Investigator

How do I go about doing that as it comes up saying my email address is already associated with an account?
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@rachey60   If you had this device on contract just use THIS to request an unlock for that device. You don't need to register a new account at all.  

by rachey60 Investigator
Investigator

It comes up with an error message when I complete the form?

how do I request to get this phone unlocked 

by rachey60 Investigator
Investigator

I can't register a new account as my email address is already linked with the old account

by Grand Master
Grand Master

by rachey60 Investigator
Investigator

Sorry, something went wrong.
We were not able to process your request unfortunately.

Please go through the form again, checking your answers, and making any corrections where necessary.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@rachey60  It's not happy about something.  Are you filling out correctly?    If it does it again call customer services and explain to them it's keeps do this.  

by rachey60 Investigator
Investigator

I know it's so frustrating. Ibhave tried so many times and I'm definitely filling it in correctly.

i can't call customer services as I am abroad and it will charge me a fortune. Is there any other way I can contact them? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rachey60,

If you are unable to request your unlock using the online form then you would need to get in touch with customer service via telephone and speak to our unlocking team.

Are you able to call via Skype or another similar service?

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You need to phone EE to delete the old contract a/c. Then you need to register a new a/c for the PAYG. Use the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype for free.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX   If they do that then they will not be able to unlock it as it will become a 2nd device so will need to call to get it unlocked.

The contract account that the device was originally on can be used to get the device unlocked.  You can use a contract account that's closed as long as you use the correct phone number that was used on the device at the time.  

@rachey60  Just to check you are putting the correct number that you used with this device when it was a contract  device ?  

by rachey60 Investigator
Investigator

It's the exact same number as it was when I was on contract,

Will try Skype tonight
by rachey60 Investigator
Investigator

It's the exact same number as it was when I was on contract,

Will try Skype tonight
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B: Well, using the form for the old contract isn't working, so I suggested that. I don't see it as a 2nd hand device using a PAYG SIM just to unlock it. It's the same device that was transferred from contract to PAYG under the same owner. There's a continuity of ownership on a device bought new from EE by the OP. So not 2nd hand. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@rachey60  The device is registered to a contract account number it can not be registered to another account number to get it unlocked as it's already got its own account number.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.