by StevenN Contributor
Contributor

How to unlock device

I have a EE mobile WiFi router. 

Bought it about 5 years ago. 

At one time I am sure I contacted EE to get it unlocked 

I can’t remember if I ever received a code or instruction to do this

how can I test the device to see if it is unlocked?

many thanks

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How to unlock device

@StevenN : Test it with a SIM from another network but not 3.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by StevenN Contributor
Contributor

Hi XraySpex

Thanks for your reply

Can I use a phone sim to test the router?

Cheers
Steve

Sent from my iPhone

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, as long as it's got some data on it. You could just test it by sending a text.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by StevenN Contributor
Contributor

Thanks again

think I will have to find a suitable sim

the one in my phone is a nano where the device is a big ole standard one. 

Cheers

steve

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Just get a PAYG SIM from someone like O2. You could even get a free 1 & send a free service text.

by StevenN Contributor
Contributor

Hi XRaySpeX

Just found a sim adapter in my wallet so tried my Plusnet sim.
It connected but it’s Plusnet so as it’s powered by EE only proves it works.
The original sim didn’t connect at all.
Will have to try another sim in later

Cheers Steve

Sent from my iPhone
by StevenN Contributor
Contributor

Unlocking mobile WiFi

I have a mobile WiFi device that I bought years ago

i had requested an unlock code again years ago and was told that it would be unlocked 

i haven used the device since

but now I would like to use it again but on another network 

i have tried another sim and get the message Sim Lock so I guess they didn’t unlock it

as I don’t have the time to spend on the phone during the day

is there an email address that I can contact the relevant department to request an unlock code?

many thanks 

steve

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlocking mobile WiFi

@StevenN : Whose SIM did you try it with?

EE provide no email contact.

You can just apply to get it unlocked using the Unlocking your device form and giving the mobile number that it originally came with.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.