by sophieladd

How to unlock a new phone with a temporary number you don't know yet?

Bought a new iphone and accidentally put in the old EE sim instead of the new O2 sim. Now my new phone is locked to EE and to unlock, I require the number of the new phone, which I don't know yet. Would rather not have to pay the £8.99 to unlock a new phone  I've already just paid a lot of money for when it was only a stupid little mistake. Not bought second hand, brand new from Carphone Warehouse. Any help appreciated 🙂

Thanks,

Sophie

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How to unlock a new phone with a temporary number you don't know yet?

Hi,  

You will have to follow EE unlocking process and pay the fee as per EE unlocking guide  here.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@sophieladd  You'll need to call customer services and tell them what you've done,    Just add you should never put another network SIM card in to any device until you put the correct network SIM card in that device first.   

by Grand Master
Grand Master

To unlock a phone not purchased from EE you need to call Customer Services to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. Use the landlines numbers in my sig. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

You won't need a phone no. for the phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.