by laurenteeee Investigator
Investigator

How to unlock EE phone with expired SIM card?

I've got an old EE phone that that I've almost never used and that contains a pay as you go SIM card. As far as I can tell the SIM card is either expired or broken as it just shows "emergency calls only" and no network.

What I'm wondering is, without the SIM card information, how can I unlock the phone? All the methods I could find on the website seem to require a SIM card? Is there an alternative method?

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: How to unlock EE phone with expired SIM card?

Hello @laurenteeee have you tried using the online form:

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/device-unlock/

You will need the mobile number of the EE SIM card that came with the device and a contact number which can be different. If it does not recognise the EE SIM cards mobile number it will ask you for the devices IMEI number you can retrieve by dialing *#06#. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You don't need a working SIM to unlock a phone. All that matters is the no. of the SIM that the phone originally came with.

If the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form and giving the mobile number that it used to have. It will first show your current phone, if any, on that number & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, you will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Great advice from both @Profile closed and @XRaySpeX

Did you get everything you needed @laurenteeee

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by LexAntonia Investigator
Investigator

I don't understand why this web unlock form is still being paraded around. We all know it's useless. Don't know anyone who had success with it. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LexAntonia

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way.

I can also see that you have been given some support here in regards to your unlocking query.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.