by Ronsihere
Explorer

How to track unlocking status

Hi I recently bought a contract free iPhone 7 plus fromCPW and bought PAYG sim fromEE on 7th Jan and having understood the phone wil lock itself to EE network, submitted the unlocking form on same evening; online. Now the website only advised me to save the page after submission but did not give any ref# to track. So I am now clueless - 1. where is my request and 2. Since I will be leaving this country(UK) in Feb for India how do I ensure that all other sim would work on this phone post unlocking, irrespective of geographies? So it is essential that I check that asap before my departure and ensure I don't end up in hassle internationally

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: How to track unlocking status

You can't use the unlocking form for a phone not bought from EE & therefore not registered to EE.

You need to call Customer Services to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. Use the landlines numbers in my sig. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You can't use the unlocking form for a phone not bought from EE & therefore not registered to EE.

You need to call Customer Services to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. Use the landlines numbers in my sig. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ronsihere
Explorer

Thanks for your response. I called up customer care and they told it will be in 10 days from the form submission. They can do it manually as well but then could not answer to my query if the previous request be null and void and I won't charge additional £8.99 for the previous request. Do you know if I do it through customer care would it be right away or another 10 days?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ronsihere,

Welcome to the Community.

As @XRaySpeX said, the unlock will need to be processed manually by our unlocking team.

Please get in touch and our customer service team will transfer you to them.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.