by Rob82brogan Investigator
Investigator

How to remove content lock

How can I remove the content lock on my phone? I have tried to do it logging in to EE but it says I’m the phone owner not the bill payer. I am both so I don’t understand why it would say that 

7 REPLIES 7
Investigator

Re: How to remove content lock

Thank you. I have tried this but all I can do is remove the tick icon for being the user it won’t let me tick the icon to be the bill payer. I’m guessing I have to select this before I save the settings.

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Follow Switching Content Lock on or off

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @Rob82brogan to change the permissions for your online account log in to My EE online and navigate to My EE Mobile>Account settings>Add or change numbers. On this page you can expand each number to reveal two tick boxes below (user and bill payer). Tick bill payer to update your account permissions.

More information on managing your My EE online account:

http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/sign-up-and-manage-your-account/manage-your-acc...

You may need to log out then back in for it to take effect. You will then have full access to your account controls under Manage device.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rob82brogan

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Did you manage to get sorted following the advice above?

Chris

Investigator

I have checked but it will not allow me to select to be the bill payer. I can un select the phone user icon. Do I have to save without being the user then log out and back in again to select bill payer? I’m worried about saving without either option selected incase it causes me issues in other ways 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

No you should be able to tick bill payer, save and your account permissions are updated.

This page is known for either bugging out or not working. Do you hace another browser or computer you can try?

If it still does not work then customer service or Live Chat can update your permissions manually:

http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rob82brogan,

That's great advice from @tm90.

If you are unable to change to bill payer, please get in touch and a member of the team will be happy to help.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.