by heatherjbooth
Visitor

How long does it take to send an unlock code via email?

I phoned up ee this morning and spoke to a very helpful lady who said she would email my unlock code straight away. Two hours later I am still waiting. How long does it take to send an email?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How long does it take to send an unlock code via email?

@heatherjbooth  I don’t know why got told this as it takes up to 10 days to process a unlock request. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It takes 10 days to get a phone unlocked. Maybe she meant she was sending an email today to the manufacturer of your phone who maintain the database of the locked/unlocked state of their phones & issue any unlock codes needed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @heatherjbooth,

Welcome to the EE Community.

It can take up to 10 days to receive your unlocking code, although it's usually a lot quicker.

It's worth checking your spam/junk email folder daily in case it ends up there.

Thanks

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions