by MyUserName Contributor
Contributor

How long does it take to get my PAC code?

I called Orange/EE customer service on Thursday evening to ask them to cancel my account and send me a PAC so I could take out a new contract with EE. I was told I'd have a text with the code as soon the request had been processed. How long is this likely to take as I still haven't received anything?

Thanks for all the advice given.

8 REPLIES 8
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take to get my PAC code?

It should be instant.  Call back and make sure a PAC is issued.  A PAC should be either read out to you over the phone there and then and/or sent to you as a text message.

Just remind EE that OFCOM state very clearly that a PAC should be issued instantly over the phone or within 2 hours by text, details can be found here.

The only thing to remember though is that EE can only issue a PAC if you have fulfilled your contract with them.  If you are still within your minimum contract term EE (or any other provider) doesn't have to give you your PAC.

Contributor

Ok, great thanks. The customer service representative did say something about 'within two...'. I thought he said two days which is why I've waited. Do you think this would mean my request to cancel my account also wouldn't have been actioned? This would mean I've lost 3 days now.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

No idea sorry, you will have to ring and ask them.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MyUserName,

You wouldn't normally need a PAC to upgrade from Orange to EE.

Please get in touch with customer service and they'll check the status of your migration.

Thanks

James

Contributor

Thanks for replying @James_B

This isn't as simple as just upgrading. The customer service representative couldn't match a deal from another retailer. So I'm 'leaving' to sign up to the new contract. I'll contact customer services as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks again.

by

No problem @MyUserName

Please let us know if you have any issues.

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@James_B: Is it correct that a PAC issued by Orange can be handed directly to EE to go on another (non-upgraded) contract?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @XRaySpeX,

Yes, it can be done this way, but it's not usually necessary as you can upgrade directly from Orange to EE.

Thanks

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.