by Holliedolly92 Investigator
Investigator

How long does it really take for unlock code ??????

Hi 

I requested my unlock code for my s6 edge on the 15th may and it said within 72 hours and if it was to take 10 days then i would receive an email or text to confirm that how ever i have had nothing i am continously checking my emails in spam and inbox and nothing.

Can someone please advise me how much longer it will take as its now on the 4th day??? And im paying added extra onto my bill next month for this.

Thanks

Hollie

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How long does it really take for unlock code ??????

It can take up to 10 days as EE have to send off to the manufacturer to get the code.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Holliedolly92  It can still take up to 10 days.  It should be done within 72 hours not it will be done within 72 hours. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Holliedolly92

Thanks for posting in community 🙂

I can see that you've been given the right information and help from @XRaySpeX and @Chris_B 

Indeed the estimated unlocking time frame is 10 days and this I promise you is correct.

Please give us a shout if you need any further help.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Hi @Richard_C

If i sent for the unlock code on the 13th may and it takes 10 days when roughly will i get that code??? 

Thanks

Holliedolly92 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Holliedolly92   It takes up to 10 days it doesn’t mean it will be 10 days which means the device will be unlocked within this time frame. 

Ps. Your opening post said the 15th of may

by Grand Master
Grand Master

13 May + 10 days = 23 May!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

@Chris_B

Surely of it was unlocked i would have received the code to do so? Or is this not the case does it just happen? Im new to all this and am waiting so a friend can use phone on a diff network. 

Either way it should be done by the 23rd may thank you @XRaySpeX

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Holliedolly92  Once EE send you the code you just input the code in to the device,  unfortunately you will just have to wait for the code to be sent. Nothing can be done to speed up the process as EE allow upto 10 days. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.