by paw85 Investigator
Investigator

How go I get a PIN/PUK number for my EE pay as you go ?

I wanted to move from o2 pay as you go to EE pay as you go. Got a new sim card, but it asks for a PIN number, where is it? It's not included anywhere. So I tried 1111, of course it was wrong and guess what, my PIN was blocked after just one failed attempt, that's absurd. 

Now I need a PUK number, how do I get it? 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How go I get a PIN/PUK number for my EE pay as you go ?

You'll find your PUK in your MyEE under Manage Device.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by paw85 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for your reply

I havent added my phone as a device yet, to do that I need to enter a code sent in a text to my new number, but I can't receive texts on a locked device can I?

I called 08009566000, got a PUK code that did not work. 

Why is it so complicated, am I missing something here? I really need this to work as EE is the only network that works flawlessly at my workplace and Im ditching o2 for that reason.

Oh and the lady on the phone told me my PIN was 1111, the one that did not work 😕

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @paw85

Welcome to the community. 🙂

The PUK isn't related to the actual device, it's related to the SIM card.

You may still be able to find it through your My EE account under Manage Device > Device Tools > Unblock your SIM.

If not, I recommend speaking to customer services, who'll be able to try the PUK or PUK 2 number with you.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris 🙂

by Karaab06
Visitor

Hi I can’t find manged your device on my we account please can you help me I have locked my SIM card and need a puk ASAP x

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Karaab06: Look in your My EE account under Manage Device / Unblock your SIM (PUK Code) / Show PUK code .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions