by Katemac
Visitor

How do i unlock me iphone 7 plus from the ee network

Ive recently got a new phone yesterday an it is locked to the ee network i am changing to O2 so the new sim card isnt able to be recognised what should i do ??

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do i unlock me iphone 7 plus from the ee network

@Katemac  If the device is 2nd hand you’ll need to call customer services to request the device to be unlocked,  it will cost you £8.99 and take up to 10 days to process.  It should be done in around 72 hours though. 

If the device is 2nd hand EE will only unlock it providing the device is over 6 month old since the time of purchase from EE. 

Is the device 2nd hand ?  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Katemac wrote:

Ive recently got a new phone yesterday an it is locked to the ee network

Is it really "new" bought direct from EE? The no. you need to call Customer Services on is 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) for unlocking 2nd-hand phones.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Katemac

Welcome to the community.

From 01 August 2017 any Apple device which was sold on or after 1 September 2015 will be unlocked automatically once the device reaches 18 months old.

This means you may not need to request your device to be unlocked if you purchased the Apple device on or after 1 September 2015.

You can now check the lock status of your EE device here

Full details on requesting to unlock an EE device can be found on our unlocking your EE device post.

Thanks. Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.