by EmFCT Investigator
Investigator

How do i cancel contract and get PAC code while Overseas (low cost ideas). In NZ

l do i cancel my contract and get a PAC code from my EE mobile whilst overseas. I've moved to New Zealand, and have waited until late in the evening/ got up early to call the phone numbers but they don't seem to get anywhere and charge me 20p connection + per minute fee. 

EE don't seem to allow e-mail communication - but anyone any ideas on simple cheap options to sort?  my contract runs out on 26th Feb so looking to get PAC code in next week. 

any ideas gratefully recieved. 

11 REPLIES 11
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: How do i cancel contract and get PAC code while Overseas (low cost ideas). I

Hello @EmFCT the number to contact EE abroad is +44207 362 0200. They will be open from 8am UK time.

You can only cancel a contract over the phone or in writing:

http://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/managing-and-using-my-account/leaving-ee/how-do-i-cancel-my-pay-monthl...

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do i cancel contract and get PAC code while Overseas (low cost ideas). I

Use the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @EmFCT

Welcome to the community.

Did you manage to get sorted by following the advice above?

Our retentions team will be able to sort this out for you, once you can get through.

Chris

by EmFCT Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, have tried to call them already but got the frustrating situation where i was nearly through to someone and it cut me off - after charging me a connection fee. Will try again. 

by EmFCT Investigator
Investigator

Hi, thanks.  Have tried this in the past but got disconnected when part way through the selections.  Will try again as this is (i agree) the most sensible option give my location. thanks 🙂

by EmFCT Investigator
Investigator

HI, thanks for following up.  I will try again, but have since read on the website that i have to be out of contract or will be charged nearly GBP9 for the PAC code.  So don't expect to try again until 24th feb. shame i can't sort ahead of time. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

When does your contract end?

You have to give EE 30 days notice to cancel your contract - the earliest you can give this without being charged an early termination fee is 30 days before your contract end date.

This would mean your contract would end on your contract end date exactly.

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The PAC itself is free. You may be thinking of the unlocking fee of £8.99 if you ask for it to be unlocked while within contract term.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @EmFCT

Thanks for coming back to us.

I can see you have had some great advice from @tm90 and @XRaySpeX

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

by EmFCT Investigator
Investigator

Thanks all for your help. Have retried skype with sucess this evening, very frustrating that |EE require 30 days notice and won't take advance cancellation (as i had tried to get them to schedule to shut down before i left UK). 

ANyway, done now - thanks for all the help. off to sort out NZ sim - the joys. 🙂

by EmFCT Investigator
Investigator

Thanks tm90, i had assume I could cancel and get unlock but appreciate the confirmation.  have just sorted it with EE but yes have been lumbered with 30 day notice so glad i didn't wait any longer. 

thanks for the heads up. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.