Explorer

How do I unlock my old iPhone 6s?

6 REPLIES
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: How do I unlock my old iPhone 6s?

Hi

Please CLICK HERE to review the current unlocking process.

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Pie 9.0 Beta)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Slippers17
Explorer

Read more
It’s my old phone as I’ve just had an upgrade but I’m giving the device to my dad but he’s on o2 so I need to unlock it for him?
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Slippers17

Follow the guide in the link I provided. It explains it all.

Please CLICK HERE to review the current unlocking process.

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Pie 9.0 Beta)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it originally came with. It will first show your current phone on that number, if any, & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, you will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Slippers17

Thanks for coming to the community.

Just to let you know, if your iPhone was purchased directly from EE on or after 1 September 2015 will be unlocked automatically once the device reaches 18 months old.

This means you may not need to request your device to be unlocked if you purchased the Apple device on or after 1 September 2015.

You can now check the lock status of your EE device here or by texting UNLOCK to 150.

If this is not already unlocked, follow the below links for information on unlocking any EE device depending on how this was purchased;

Let us know if you have any other questions

Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.