by Kimmy30 Investigator
Investigator

How do I get sim lock pin for my EE phone

I've just bought an sony xperia x off ebay bit is locked to EE and I'm on giff gaff how do I get the sim lock pin?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do I get sim lock pin for my EE phone

You need the phone unlocking to take any SIM, not the SIM.

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Kimmy30 Investigator
Investigator

thank you ill give it ago

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Kimmy30

Thanks for posting.

I can see you have had your question answered on the community by @XRaySpeX

Let us know if you need anything further 🙂

by Kimmy30 Investigator
Investigator

How do i get my sony xperia x unlocked

Hi I posted on here a couple of weeks ago asking how to get my device unlocked and the number I was given doesn't work how do I get an unlock code for my xperia x 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do i get my sony xperia x unlocked

@Kimmy30  Just call customer services on 150 from your device. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That 0800 number should work from the UK. You won't be asked for a EE mobile number unlike 150.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kimmy30

Welcome to the community. 🙂

If you're not an EE customer, you can find information on our unlocking your phone or device support article.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.