by Jayne1210
Visitor

How do I get my iPhone unlocked that a friend gave me

A friend gave me an iPhone 4 and it is on EE how do I get it unlocked how much and how long will it take to do. Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: How do I get my iPhone unlocked that a friend gave me

@Jayne1210   You need to call customer services to request this to be unlocked it will cost you £8.99 payable via our UK credit or debit card and process takes up to 10 days but is usually done within 72 hours. 

Or alternatively ask your friend to do this if they got the device themselves from EE and it will be free to get it unlocked because it’s on their account. 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Jayne1210   You need to call customer services to request this to be unlocked it will cost you £8.99 payable via our UK credit or debit card and process takes up to 10 days but is usually done within 72 hours. 

Or alternatively ask your friend to do this if they got the device themselves from EE and it will be free to get it unlocked because it’s on their account. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The no. to call to unlock a 2nd-hand phone is 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Evening @Jayne1210

Welcome to the community.

I can see you have had some great advice already on the community 🙂

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.