by carla6 Investigator
Investigator

How can I unblock an orange phone in Italy?

Hi,

I'm Carla I live in Italy I've bought an Orange phone from enthernet and when it arrived I tried to use it with my italian card but it askes me a code. Is there a way to have the code I need to use it??

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How can I unblock an orange phone in Italy?

@carla6  You will have to call EE customer services to request the device to be unlocked.  You will be charged £8.99 and it’s payable via a UK credit/debt card. It take up to 10 days to process.  This is the only way EE can unlock the device for you as it’s a 2nd hand device. 

by carla6 Investigator
Investigator

The phone is new, it isn't a second hand. Isn't there another way? cause obviously I haven't goy an english credit or debit card

Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@carla6  Where did you purchase is from ?  As EE do not post overseas 

by carla6 Investigator
Investigator

Ebay 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@carla6  So it’s 2nd hand then.    

You have to call customer services to request this to be unlocked.  Please do bear in mind that if this was originally purchased as a contract device then EE will not unlock the device until 6 months have passed starting from

when the original owner purchased the device from EE.  

by carla6 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@carla6 wrote:
The phone is new, it isn't a second hand.

You are not the original owner who bought it from EE. Therefore it is 2nd-hand in your hands regardless of its "new" condition.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @carla6

Thanks for posting on the community.

The advice you have been given is correct as you have purchased the phone from eBay you will need to give us a call so we can look into unlocking the phone for you.

Full information can be found on our unlocking a second hand device post.

Thanks, Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.