Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

How can I get my old iPhone 5s unlocked please? Not had any luck .

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: How can I get my old iPhone 5s unlocked please? Not had any luck .

@Joshj2211-  click the green wording below to see how to request the unlock of your device you have to select the correct option or the device will not be unlocked. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Joshj2211-  click the green wording below to see how to request the unlock of your device you have to select the correct option or the device will not be unlocked. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Mark. 

Unfortunately after following all the route the end result reply was. Not able to unlock this device

I have been trying to get the device unlocked for three weeks spent hours on phone and on line without getting success .  The phone was my contract phone long time out of contract.  The contract was done in Apple store and network provider was EE. I Am really not impressed with EE that what is supposed to be a simple task has not been done.  I spoke to a manager last week who was the worst of everyone I've spoken too.

The phone has been mine for many years. I left EE through bad customer service ! again this is confirmed.  My current provider is EE through BT.

My husbands phone has broken so sensible to use this one sitting in a draw.  Im now at a lost at what else to try.  Thank you for your advice.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Joshj2211-

Did our Customer Care team say why they couldn't unlock this?

Jon

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

HI 

No they didn't .  The agent I spoke to on Monday tried then said he would take it to back room and speak to manager then call me back but not heard back. 

Ive put a pay as go sim in and sent  Unlock request, received confirmed receipt of email so waiting to see if anything comes back.

Thanks for your help.  

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Joshj2211- : You cannot use the online unlocking form for phones not bought direct from EE (e.g. from Apple).

To unlock a phone not bought direct from EE you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Joshj2211-,

I've sent you a private message. Please take a look and get back to me when you can.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions