by AnnBuike66
Visitor

How can I get a PUK code for my pay as you go SIM card that is now locked

I have an Orange PAYG SIM card with £20.00 locked on it.

I went to an EE shop to top up the SIM prior to taking a holiday, the numpty in the shop managed to lock the SIM even though it had never been locked before, I had to replace the now locked SIM with a new EE SIM as the old one only had 1 try left.

I lost my old number as the SIM is now locked. The numpty was more interested is finding out where I had my mortgage than fix my phone.

I had not registered on the web site so could not get a PUK code and now find that to register with the old SIM I need to receive a text message that can't be received as the SIM is locked.

Is there's any way I can get a PUK code to use up my £20.00 quid?

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How can I get a PUK code for my pay as you go SIM card that is now locked

Hi,

Orange and EE are different network so if you were on orange but are now on EE (you said you have an EE sim) then your network is different.

You can only get a PUK code from your online account or via CS, so you need to call them on another phone or go back into store.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: How can I get a PUK code for my pay as you go SIM card that is now locked

Hi @AnnBuike66

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to see that you've had a negative experience with the retail store.

As @Northerner mentioned, the only ways to get the PUK code is through your My EE account or by contacting our customer service team.

Please let us know how you get on.

Have a brilliant holiday. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.