by saidNSK Investigator
Investigator

How I can get the unlock code for the EE 4g EE40VB

Hello everyone,

I have bought the (Wifi EE 4g EE40VB) as rolling contract which can be canclled after one month of use.
I've already cancled the contract after 5 months of usage and I need to use this device outside the UK. So, I would like to ask how I can get the unlock code for the (EE 4g EE40VB)?
Any help will be appreciated.

Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How I can get the unlock code for the EE 4g EE40VB

If the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it originally came with.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@saidNSK   Don’t know why the 6 month rule has been mentioned as that doesn’t apply to you at all.   Just click the green wording below to see how to request the unlocking of your device. 

by saidNSK Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX wrote:

If the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it originally came with.

Thank you for your response

by saidNSK Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B wrote:

@saidNSK   Don’t know why the 6 month rule has been mentioned as that doesn’t apply to you at all.   Just click the green wording below to see how to request the unlocking of your device. 

Thanks @Chris_B  for your help. I've followed the link and answeared the questions. However, the problem is I am no longer an EE customer and I have to call them from abroad. I am wondering if there is another way to get intouch with them!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you fill in the the Unlocking your device form? It is applicable even when you are no longer an EE customer. Why do you think you need to phone them?

Maybe you should be filling in the form as the PAYG option as you actually bought the device outright from EE with the upfront payment & the monthly contract you had was only for the data.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by saidNSK Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX wrote:

Did you fill in the the Unlocking your device form? It is applicable even when you are no longer an EE customer. Why do you think you need to phone them?

Maybe you should be filling in the form as the PAYG option as you actually bought the device outright from EE with the upfront payment & the monthly contract you had was only for the data.

Many thanks @XRaySpeX  for your advice. I've filled in the form and I recived a confirmation email where they stated out that it will take up to 72 hours to unlock the divice. But there is something strange whereas after I answerd the questions, they said that I'll be charged £8.99 for unlock!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Dunno why they wanna charge you. Maybe it's just the form but they won't. After all, unlocking is free for PAYG.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions