by Nellybabes
Explorer

Holiday SIM with different provider

Hi

i am 12 months into a 24month EE monthly contract.  I live in the UK but have flown to Australia for 4 weeks.  When I come here I usually buy a local 30 day sim and fit it to my phone and use until I fly back to the UK.  I have done the same this this time for myself and my kids but it won't work as the phone is not unlocked.  What do I do?  I went to the Unlock page but it is asking if I have an outstanding balance, of course I do I have another 12months to pay.  I just want to unlock the phone to allow me to fit the local sim and then revert back to my EE sim when I get home.  Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Alison

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Holiday SIM with different provider

It means outstanding on your current month's bill.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Nellybabes
Explorer

Ok, I will follow unlock instructions and click no outstanding balance....cheers.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, do. Must be otherwise nobody will be able to unlock their devices until end of min. term.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning and welcome to the community, @Nellybabes. 🙂

Did you manage to submit the unlocking request?

Give us a shout if you need some more help.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.