by Bignozzer Investigator
Investigator

Hi, how can I reconnect a barred phone from abroad when I can't contact EE?

Hi, im abroad working and my mobile has been barred. It says to dial *123 from it but it's no allowed and I cannot call from my New Zealand phone. How can I get this fixed as I use it for contact with my family. Thanks. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Hi, how can I reconnect a barred phone from abroad when I can't contact EE?

Ah, you have an EE PAYG SIM that you haven't used for 7 months?

EE PAYG SIMs are suspended after 6 months of non-use. If you call EE within the following 3 months they can reactivate it for you. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Where did you get this phone from? Barred in what way? Blacklisted?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I've been an EE/orange customer for 20 years. Always had this number with them. It was working when I left the uk 7 months ago using the same handset which is a U.K. handset. I tend to log into it every few months to keep it live but this time it's saying blocked.

Just need to get it re-activated. It still has signal just can't do anything with it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
Investigator

Also, I can login my EE account online and it is showing I still have £10 credit. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Ah, you have an EE PAYG SIM that you haven't used for 7 months?

EE PAYG SIMs are suspended after 6 months of non-use. If you call EE within the following 3 months they can reactivate it for you. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

Investigator

Ah perfect. Thanks for your help. Will give it a bash when they open.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone
Investigator

Well frustratingly so EE are saying that the number is now dead, even though I can still log onto my Online account with the number. It hasnt been used since May last year and they now saying that it is dead.Will have to order another EE sim with a new number. I have 10 GBP on my account soif that is the case then hopefully I can transfer it. But issue is im in New Zealand so the process of sending the sim to my mums address and then out here will take time.

I cantbelieve in these days of technology that they cannot get it back as the number is listed as in hibernation but can still be seen.

Thanks for your help though.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You not only lose the number but also any credit. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.