by AlanAliwooood Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have a Galaxy S6 which says 'Emergency Call' and asking for a password

My S6 has just started saying 'Emergency Call' when I try to unlock the screen. It asks for a password, which I don't recall having set up. I have tried my google password and I've taken SIM out and cleaned but no effect. Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Solution

Re: Hi, I have a Galaxy S6 which says 'Emergency Call' and asking for a password

SOLVED!!!

Hi, I took my phone in to the shop where the staff and CS on the phone confered. As I had already setup and regisdtered my phone with a Samsung account, CS suggested using the remote Samsung unlocking process, which worked! Brilliant!

I'm still peeved that the phone took itself in to that mode, and concerned it may happen again, but at least I'll know what to do if it happens again.

Took a while and some effort, but thanks to perseverence of EE Newbury Argos store staff and CS call centre, I'm back up and running. Thank you all.

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Hi, I have a Galaxy S6 which says 'Emergency Call' and asking for a passwor

@AlanAliwooood  Unfortunately no one here can help with device passwords as it’s a personal option to have on your device.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Hi, I have a Galaxy S6 which says 'Emergency Call' and asking for a password

Hi @AlanAliwooood,

Welcome back to the EE Community.

Does it ask for this password when trying to use the fingerprint sensor?

Thanks

James

Contributor

Hi James, no, I don't have a password or finger print lock on the phone, just swipe left, but it started to ask for a password. Also asks for a password to power down. I've double swapped the SIM with another phone and the fault stays with the phone.

by

Hi @AlanAliwooood

Thanks for coming to see us again 🙂

Have you spoken with our technical team at all about this?

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Contributor

Hi Richard, yes, I've since spoken with them through chat, they went through the things I'd already tried but to no avail. They've told me the phone is faulty and to bring it in to a shop for repair, which I will do today. Thank you.

by

Thanks for the update, @AlanAliwooood

I'm glad they have diagnosed the problem.

Chris

Contributor
Solution

SOLVED!!!

Hi, I took my phone in to the shop where the staff and CS on the phone confered. As I had already setup and regisdtered my phone with a Samsung account, CS suggested using the remote Samsung unlocking process, which worked! Brilliant!

I'm still peeved that the phone took itself in to that mode, and concerned it may happen again, but at least I'll know what to do if it happens again.

Took a while and some effort, but thanks to perseverence of EE Newbury Argos store staff and CS call centre, I'm back up and running. Thank you all.

by

Amazing news, @AlanAliwooood 😄

I'm so glad the store were able to resolve this without having to send it off to Samsung. 

Thank you so much for coming back and sharing this solution. This being in the community has the potential now to help someone else who has the same problem.

As a thank you, I'd love to send you a small gift from the community team. 

Spot prize.jpg

I've sent you a private message asking you for some details so that I can send this out for you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks again.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.