by JayK
Visitor

Help with porting from o2 & last bill

Hi guys, Recently took out a new contract and received the sim yesterday afternoon. Did the online form for porting at around 1pm yesterday (Friday) . Ive seen it states 1 working day if done before 5.30pm Mon-Fri, But I assume as its now the weekend it wont port over? 

The main issue is that my next billing date for o2 is the 20th (this Monday) And I assume the port wont happen till then.. So is there anything I can do avoid being charged another months bill from o2 that I wont be using? Thanks, Jay. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Help with porting from o2 & last bill

O2 should refund you any advance payment you've made for the period after the port in a final bill.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
2 REPLIES 2
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @JayK if you filled out the online firm today it will be Tuesday at the very earliest the number will begin to port and nothing can be done from EE's side to speed that up. You would have to contact o2 and see what they can do about the inconvenient timing of your bill.

You may also want to contact EE customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other (lines open at 8am) and confirm the request because the online forms can go missing/be delayed in being picked up. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also access Live Chat using one of the ways mentioned in this link. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

O2 should refund you any advance payment you've made for the period after the port in a final bill.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.