by Avril-jane Investigator
Investigator

Has anyone heard of a problem when a blacklist is removed?

I stupidly lost my mobile on Tuesday and got it blacklisted. On Wednesday it was returned to me by someone that had found it! Got in touch with ee, who removed the blacklist. However phone is still not working.I got a new sim from the shop, and put it into an old phone, to ensure I had a workable phone. The sim is working in old phone but does not work in lost/found phone. I spent over an hour on the phone with some lovely people trying to sort it out. Only to be told that tech 2 said there is a known problem with phones that have a blacklist lifted, and they can't give me a time when it will be rectified. Has any one got any suggestions on where I go from here. Stuck using a phone that I don't want and the phone I do want not working. Hope this all makes sense?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Has anyone heard of a problem when a blacklist is removed?

@Avril-jane   There is nothing you can do except wait till EE can remove the blacklist.  Once its removed it can take up 24 hours before it starts working again.  

Investigator

Blacklist was removed yesterday. Ee have said there is no blacklist on it anymore. It's been over 24 hours, but they have said they don't know when it will be unlocked due to fault.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Avril-jane  You’ve said nothing about unlocking in your opening post and said blacklisting removal has an issue.  

If the device has a issue with being unlocked then there is nothing no one here can help you with as obviously the device being blacklisted has now had a knock on effect. 

Investigator

Thank you for the reply, I just wondered if anyone had heard of the fault, I never said blacking removal has an issue, but was told this by ee. Hence the original title. Sorry if I was not clear enough in the original thread, thought someone may be able to help me on here. I'll go to the shop and discuss it with someone there. Enjoy your day

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Avril-jane  Save yourself the trip the shop can not help as they will only call through to customer services/tech support because it’s a technical issue. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Avril-jane

This should be removed with 24 hours for you.

What device are you using?

Did they advise why this was delayed for you?

Thanks, Leanne.

by bevh
Visitor

My phone was also lost and a blacklist applied. I got my phone back on Wednesday but EE are unable to lift the blacklist from anyone's phone at the moment and say they have no idea when this problem will be resolved. Hence cannot make or receive calls or texts. Am getting a new SIM today to put in an old phone. 

It sounds like a lot better of people are affected. B

by
EE Community Support Team

I see thanks for letting me know @bevh

I have sent you a private message to get some further details so we can look into this.

@Avril-jane I have also sent you a message.

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.