Explorer

Had iPhone unlocked with EE to use in Vietnam and there sims won’t work

FD285094-E8C2-4931-B366-FEB52493B6AB.png

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Had iPhone unlocked with EE to use in Vietnam and there sims won’t work

Hi @Billiam

Your phone isn't unlocked. You will need to call EE regarding this issue.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Billiam
Explorer

It’s unlocked I’ve used the imei checker on the EE site. It’s says the phone is unlocked and I’ve hard reset and wiped the phone and started new. As the instructions says in the text we sent me and it still don’t work

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Billiam

The message speaks for itself it's not unlocked. Try another SIM card and see if you get the same message.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Billiam  You need to use a sim from a network that supports the iPhone first,   While the device is unlocked it needs to be processed on the device from a iPhone supported network,  once you have done this and the device has processed the unlock it will work on any network even those that don’t support the iPhone.   

Your device is only part unlocked at present on Apples servers but the final part is done on the device with a supported network sim.    You can use any sim from a supported network to process the unlock on the device then you can put that sim back in the device and use that, 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.