by Waterbaby1975 Investigator
Investigator

Had confirmation of unlock but still doesn't work?

Hi,

filled in the form to unlock my iPhone6, which was out of contract, has confirmation text through that it had been unlocked, but when i tried a different sim it said it was locked, and then when i checked the imei number it said it was locked. Problem is, I have now left EE, I had it unlocked as I was selling it, to a friend who isn't on EE, and of course it doesn't work! I do have the messages that says it's been unlocked. I don't have an EE shop close by so was hoping to get some answers here! Many thanks for reading

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Had confirmation of unlock but still doesn't work?

@Waterbaby1975  What network SIM card are you trying to use ?   If it’s a 3 SIM card this will be your issue as 3 sims dont always work when performing the unlock on the device.   You’ll need to get a o2 or Vodaphone sim to perform the unlock and once done you’ll be able to use the 3 sim. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Waterbaby1975.

Welcome to the community.

@Chris_B has provided some great advice here with using certain SIM cards to complete the unlock.

Have you had a look at our Apple unlocking page?

Keep us updated with your progress.

Jon

Investigator

Have tried it with an id sim card which is supported by three, but also a virgin sim card which is supported by EE? Yes, have checked the apple support page, have done all the re-boots and re-sets I found trawling the web for answers...

by

Thanks for getting back to us @Waterbaby1975.

Are you able to try either an 02 or Vodafone SIM?

Have you been in touch with our customer service team about this?

Jon

Investigator

I've not been able to try an O2 or Vodaphone. I tried customer services but they said as my account was now closed I would have to go through it all again and pay the £8.99. 

by

Hi @Waterbaby1975

Thanks for coming back to us.

When did you request the phone to be unlocked?

Have you checked here to see if the iPhone is locked?

Leanne.

Investigator

Requested 1 September, has text message on the 6 confirming what steps I needed to take to finish the unlock, which I did. But when I check on the link posted it’s still coming up as locked. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Waterbaby1975  It will do until you put a different network SIM card in the device to perform the unlock.   

Don’t use a 3 sim or any other network that uses 3 to give its customers a signal.    You need and it’s best to use a o2 or Voda sim.  

by

Thanks @Waterbaby1975

I would suggest speaking to our customer service team again, as this should be fine for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.