by LeeJo Investigator
Investigator

HELP! New shared plan with EE, my SIM accepted PIN but hubby's doesn't.

Hi,
Hubby and I have moved from other providers to share a plan with EE.

When I put my SIM in my phone, it accepted it fine.

When hubby put his EE SIM in his phone it says "SIM network unlock PIN" ... we tried the PIN on the packaging but it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

It's his birthday tomorrow - he doesn't want to miss out on any birthday messages LOL

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: HELP! New shared plan with EE, my SIM accepted PIN but hubby's doesn't.

What networks were you with?

Sounds like hubby's phone is locked to his old provider but yours isn't. He will need to contact his old provider to get it unlocked.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

What networks were you with?

Sounds like hubby's phone is locked to his old provider but yours isn't. He will need to contact his old provider to get it unlocked.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LeeJo

Welcome to EE and our community. 😄

I think @XRaySpeX may be correct. It sounds like his phone is locked to the old provider.

They will be able to request to unlock it.

Please wish your husband a massive happy birthday from the EE Community team. 🙂

I hope he manages to get his texts (he should on his old SIM for the mean time). 

Chris

by LeeJo Investigator
Investigator

Hi @XRaySpeX and @Christopher_G

Thanks for your replies 🙂

Well, you were both right. We rang O2 from my phone only to be told exactly what you've said below - that hubby's phone is locked to their network. Sigh. They could have told us this when we rang them on Sunday to get a PAC code, not made us wait three days for the network transfer, then make us wait further for the phone to be unlocked - which again will be about 72 hours! Man Frustrated Woman Frustrated

That aside, he says thanks @Christopher_G for the birthday wishes on behalf of the EE community 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

I thought that would be the case, @LeeJo.

Fingers crossed the phone unlock goes through nice and quickly.

No problem at all, hope he had a brilliant day. 🙂

Give us a shout if you have any questions about your new plans.

Chris 🙂

by LeeJo Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @Christopher_G.

It's not so much that he has to wait, it's the fact that O2 (or the girl in the EE shop) didn't tell us that this was the case!

The girl in the shop had only been doing the job for a couple of weeks, so she wouldn't know absolutely everything there is to know, but someone was shadowing her so they should have mentioned that the lock could happen, even if it doesn't happen like it didn't with mine (I came from 3).

When we rang O2 the lady we spoke to said that you don't know about the lock until you try to change the SIM. That surprised me, surely O2 would know?! Maybe not.

Anyway, hopefully it'll be sorted soon.

Ahh, he said he had a lovely birthday thanks. Sadly he had to work for part of it but we had a nice meal and a nice evening with friends, with lots of cards and presents! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks again for your help 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

O2 is like EE. They lock all phones bought from them. 3 doesn't.

by
EE Employee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.