by bonhor
Visitor

HELP! I bought a stolen phone??

Here is the story:

Last may i bought a Google Pixel locked to EE from Ebay. It was a reliable seller, and I did check if the IMEI was blacklisted wich it was not. The phone works fine. I am an EE customer but some weeks later I call EE to unlock the device as I will be moving out from te UK. They tell me I have to wait until July (6 months period to unlock the device). I do.

In July, I contact EE again, and I begin the process to unlock the device. I never got a call back, so I call 2 or 3 times more and I found that my phone is marked as "lost or stolen".

I contacted the seller from ebay, and he says that he bought it from another seller. He checks with EE and founds out the phone was blacklisted on 12 June.

The seller won't help me any further, PayPal does not seem to help either, so what should I do? This phone is now useless to me as I already moved out from the UK. 

Is there a way to contact the original owner? The one that marked it as "lost or stolen"?

2 REPLIES 2
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: HELP! I bought a stolen phone??

There is nothing you can do but take this down to experience.

Maybe contacting the police as I suspect the eBay seller you bought it from could be lying to you.

EE will not give you details of anyone due to DPA.

The reason PayPal won't help is because you are past the timeframe of any resolution. You just ahve an expensive paper weight I am afraid.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: HELP! I bought a stolen phone??

Hi, 

You will need to take legal action to recover your money or as @BrendonH correctly says just learn from the experience.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.