by Denjerus Contributor
Contributor

Got my unlock code for my old Galaxy S4 but I don't have a non EE sim that I can

I have received the instructions and codes to unlock my old S4 device but Idon't have a non EE simcard to use to access the code request page. There must surely be a way round this. Any help would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Got my unlock code for my old Galaxy S4 but I don't have a non EE sim that I

@Denjerus if it says you need a none EE SIM card to access that page then you need a none EE SIM card. You can get one for a £1 at any supermarket. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Got my unlock code for my old Galaxy S4 but I don't have a non EE sim that I

Hello,

@Denjerus You need a sim from another network you can get one from 3 UK or Vodafone.

Then you can unlock your phone.

if some one of your family or friend on other network you can use that sim as you don't need credit on that sim ,even it dose not matter if it is on pay as you go or pay monthly.

i hope it will help you sort this out.

Thanks 

by Denjerus Contributor
Contributor

Oh that’s a good Idea. I’ll try that and get back to you. Thanks for the fast respose

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
by Denjerus Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that. That is 2 very quick responses in a very short time. I’ll let you know when it’s worked out. Cheers

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
by Denjerus Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the help guys.

Tried a couple of O2 sims from my sons phone and a £1 PAYG sim in a local shop with no success. After being a long time loyal customer of my EE shop I tried to get them to help. Seems since I upgraded my phone and put the sim in my new phone the old one can no longer identify any sim card.

RIP old Samsung Galaxy S4

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Denjerus have you tried a hard reset on the s4? Take it back to factory reset then try the O2 sim again

by
EE Employee

Hi @Denjerus

Please do try what @Rogersdave771 has recommended.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Denjerus Contributor
Contributor

Thanks again folk. have done the hard reset but with 2 different sim cards
not registering during the restart process.
thanks for the help,
by
EE Employee

Hi @Denjerus

It does sound like the device has become faulty.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Denjerus Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Lee your help much appreciated. I am resigned to using it as a backup movie and games machine.

by
EE Employee

@Denjerus

An emulator only device would be cool.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.