Highlighted
by gamesolc Investigator
Investigator

Getting old unlock codes

Hi all,

Someone brought this SM-G901F around three years ago from EE. I, who lives in Ireland bought it Second Hand. I was wondering if I could obtain the old Unlock Code that was used on this phone seeing as it came from EE. I flashed a locked firmware to my phone and now it is Suddenly locked. Unless EE can provide me with a Unlock Code that works seeing as it was unlocked previously or provide me with firmware......

FYI, I come to the UK on Thursday and want to use my data plan on the EE network via Virgin Media IE due to new EU regulation so if you could help me that would be amazing xD

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Getting old unlock codes

Thank you for sharing @gamesolc

Richard

🙂

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @gamesolc

Thank you for visiting the EE community 🙂

I can see @XRaySpeX has offered support already to you.  

Just to add some additional support on this, I'd advise please have a look at our Unlocking your EE mobile phone or device post as well.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by gamesolc Investigator
Investigator

It's ok now, I unlocked it without contacting EE. It was rather a firmware issue as my phone was unlocked from EE when I bought it.

by
Solution

Thank you for sharing @gamesolc

Richard

🙂

by gamesolc Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for providing the 4G network that I'll be roaming with tomorrow, will report back speedtests if necessary xD

by
EE Employee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions