by LittleWar Contributor
Contributor

Feedback regarding locked/unlocking phone after contract ends

By the way I just wanted to leave feedback regarding the information on my EE page, which is misleading. So on my page it says that my phone can only be used with EE, but that is not true since I bought my phone through mobiles.co.uk (part of carephone warehouse), and it is common knowledge that their phones come and remain unlocked.

The good thing is I tried the new sim before trying to unlock it, I didn't remember it would be unlocked and believed EE site, also risking being charged if requested unlocking a few day before contact ending so I wouldn't be left without a phone.

If this could be passed on so the website could be more informative, as it can get stressfull to change providers at zero cost and not being without service at all.

Regards and had great 2 years with EE, may come back when I upgrade phones again soon.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Feedback regarding locked/unlocking phone after contract ends

Hi @LittleWar 

Thanks for the feedback but on the unlock page it says:

All devices sold by EE are locked to EE. This means they'll only work with an EE SIM card - they won't work with another network’s SIM card. Depending on your device, it'll unlock automatically or you'll need a code from the original network to unlock it.

I think that's clear enough that devices sold by EE are locked. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

What device do you have? iPhones are automatically unlocked after a certain time.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Hi @LittleWar 

Thanks for the feedback but on the unlock page it says:

All devices sold by EE are locked to EE. This means they'll only work with an EE SIM card - they won't work with another network’s SIM card. Depending on your device, it'll unlock automatically or you'll need a code from the original network to unlock it.

I think that's clear enough that devices sold by EE are locked. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

View solution in original post

by LittleWar Contributor
Contributor

I have a samsung, my point is on my EE page it says my phone is locked when it isn't. I understand the information, was just a general feedback that the website could just say the reality lol I bought thorugh a third party already on EE contract so it wasn't directly from EE per se, but the site still says my phone is locked and to go through the unlocking steps. 

by LittleWar Contributor
Contributor

Samsung, I just wanted to pass on feedback that My EE page says my phone is locked when I know it isn't lol got me consused for a bit so imagine a lot of people will be. Maybe that could be fixed I don't know... feedback is always constructive I thought.

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

unlock.JPG

I see @LittleWar point. MyEE is stating the same but my phone is unlocked as I have a EE and Vodafone sim in my S10+ I didnt get my S10+ from EE. But most people would know this is the case and I believe if you went ahead and tried to unlock it EE would state it is already unlocked.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LittleWar,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Thanks for your feedback. I'll pass this over to our My EE team for you.

Have a great weekend.

James

by LittleWar Contributor
Contributor

Hi, wouldn't know without going through with the form, I stopped at the point it said I could be charged as the contract still had 2 days left. But yeah, I guess in 2 years people can forget where they bought it from, I got it online throught phones.co.uk but it's possible people forget stuff like that. If the My EE page could say this information right away would be better I guess, if possible (obviously it's out of my scope to know lol). 

by LittleWar Contributor
Contributor

Cheers James 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

No problem @LittleWar 🙂

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.