Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

End of contract

My contract ends in a couple of weeks and I don't want to upgrade/start a new contract and I don't want to start a sim only plan with EE as I've found the same plan for cheaper with someone else. Does anyone know how I go about keeping the current phone (nothing wrong with it so don't see why I should get a new one) and changing over to giffgaff? Do I need to speak to someone at EE and get my phone unlocked before I order the new sim? And would giffgaff be able to keep my same number?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: End of contract

Hi @Bernice123 

Welcome to the EE Community,

you will need to get your phone unlocked if you call 150 they will be able to arrange a NCK code for you.

Thanks,

David.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Hi @Bernice123 

Welcome to the EE Community,

you will need to get your phone unlocked if you call 150 they will be able to arrange a NCK code for you.

Thanks,

David.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for that @David ! I'm clueless with this stuff so thanks for the help 🙂 I don't suppose you know if I'll need to pay anything extra to keep the phone?

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Bernice123 once your contract is over there is no charge to retain the device or unlock your device 🙂

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

@Davidoh that's great, I wasn't too sure and couldn't find anything! Sorry for all the questions but I don't suppose you know if I need to actually speak to someone at EE and tell them I don't want to upgrade?

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Bernice123 if you wish to keep your number you will need to ask for a PAC code which will allow you to move your number over to another network.

you can ask for the PAC code and unlocking code on the same call 🙂

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

@David  oh that's brilliant! Thank you so much for your help, really appreciated 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions