by Ppinho Investigator
Investigator

EE unable to unlock my iphone???

Hi,

Have asked EE on the webpage to unlock my Iphone X on the 14 this month, today have recieve a sms saying that were unable to unlock it as imei number is incorrect...but i have add the correct imei....the system identify it as an Iphone X....what could have happen?

( i have buy the iphone in my last trip to UK, now i am again in my country, Portugal and am using an EE Pay as u go sim card)

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: EE unable to unlock my iphone???

You cannot use the online unlocking form for 2nd-hand phones.

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ppinho: Where did you buy it in UK? Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

If it is 2nd-hand, you can't just register a PAYG SIM you just bought for it in order to unlock it. Did you give the online locking form the original no. that the phone came with or the no. of this PAYG SIM?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ppinho Investigator
Investigator

Hi

i have buy ir on Uk in 2 hand. Dont know the original number. I just buy a pay as u go sim and use it. Now o return to Portugal and whant to unlock it to use with portuguese network....i kown the phone os more than 12 month of use....

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Ppinho You will need to contact EE & pay £8.99 with a valid UK debit or credit card.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You cannot use the online unlocking form for 2nd-hand phones.

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Ppinho

Welcome to the community.

I have replied to your private message you have sent us.

Thanks, Leanne Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.