by Ivan_MR Investigator
Investigator

EE unable to unlock my Google Pixel XL phone

Hi, I just bought a Google Pixel XL from eBay. The phone is locked with EE as it shows in the main screen. The phone meets the criteria to be unlocked, more than 6 months, not black listed. I contacted EE Customer Service and tried to unlock my phone, I paid the required £8'99 and got the message from EE confirming it. After 2 days, EE sent to me a message and told me that they are unable to unlock the phone as it is fully unlocked already, but it is not. I emphasise that it is not unlocked.

I contact EE Customer Support again and they say that will contact Google and fix it and would call me back the same day. They did not call me back and after another 2 days I contact EE again explaining the case again and they tell me the same. They would contact Google and they assured me that they would contact me the same day, but again they did not call me back.

Please help me, I do not know what else I can do.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE unable to unlock my Google Pixel XL phone

Hi, 

You will need to contact the unlocking team again as there is no account access on these forums. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ivan_MR  If EE are waiting on google to get back to them then they will not get in touch with you.   But I would of thought they of by now, 

the device might be unlocked as in a code was requested but the code wasn’t used,  so in EEs eyes the code has been supplied to unlock the device even if the device hasn’t had the code put in it.  

Call customer services again and chase this up. 

by Ivan_MR Investigator
Investigator

Thanks! I will try again until they find the solution.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Ivan_MR

Please let us know how you get on.

Many  thanks,

Lee

by Ivan_MR Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Lee_H, any advice on this?

I just contact EE again and they only explain me that I need WIFI and the process... But I know all of that and that is not the solution. They keep saying, ok I will call you back in 30 min but they never call me back.

Any chance to escalate this issue to a higher department?

As @Chris_B mentioned, probably EE sent the unlocking update to the previous owner but it was not installed. Is it possible to resend this update?I cannot believe that EE is unable to unlock the phone and this phone will be SIM locked for ever.

Thanks.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ivan_MR,

I've sent you a private message.

Thanks

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions