by AliceC1 Investigator
Investigator

EE ignoring requests.

I phoned EE on Monday 13th August to have my device unlocked. They told me the service would be free as i had bought my phone directly from EE four years ago. They also explained it may take up to a maximum of 10 days for the phone to be unlocked, which I agreed to.

I phoned them again on Wednesday 15th August regarding a different matter, and then asked them to confirm that my request had been put in to unlock my phone, as I had received neither the confirmation email or text message that they had told me I would get.  The customer service representative confirmed it was on the system and the request has been logged as of the 13th August.

I am now abroad in the USA and cannot phone EE due to the expensive charges it would incur.

However I received a text message on Monday 20th August, telling me that my request to unlock my phone had been received and that I would receive instruction in 10 days - despite the fact that I had already been waiting for 7 days.

My phone should be unlocked by today at the latest, as my request was logged as of 13th August.

I need EE to resolve this immediately.

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: EE ignoring requests.

Hello there @alice1

Thanks for coming to the community.

What device have you requested to be unlocked?

Did the text say we were waiting on the manufacturer?

It can take up to ten days to receive your unlock code, however sometimes it may take longer if we have to contact the manufacturer.

Thanks, Leanne.

by AliceC1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It's a Samsung Galay S5 purchased in 2014 from EE.

The text did not say EE was waiting on the manufacturer. It said the following:

"Hi from EE. Thanks for requesting to unlock your Samsung phone. You'll receive a text message in 10 days which will explain the unlocking process for your handset. Thank you."

However this was received 7 days after I sent in the request. For the first seven days I received no correspondence from EE, hence why I called to confirm that my request had gone through - and I was told that it had. 

I was told on the phone when I first logged my request, that I would receive a message confirming my request that day - either by phone or email. Yet it took seven days. 

Please can you confirm when my phone will be unlocked as I have already been waiting for 10 days now.

Regards,
Alice

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AliceC1

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have sent you a private message to get some details from you.

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.